Saturday, April 2, 2016

  I have a surprise for you. Its important to this film and was posted here before. Can you guess what it is? Its the script all typed up. Just show you can read it and maybe, probably not, give feedback on it. Here you go:
Script:
INT- A busy diner (bellini) in the early morning.
The camera follows the waiter of the diner as he walks to a table with food in hand. He places the food down on the table and walks away. As the fork and knife reaches for the first bite the camera moves from close shot of the food to a medium shot of the female character.


She picks up the food and bites into the waffle. She looks to the man across her and sees his distress.


Jude: (with a faint smile, offers a bit of her food) You want some?


Alex rejects the food and Jude retreats from her offer. She goes on speaking to fill the silence. She speaks with her mouth full.


Jude: To be honest (takes another bite of chicken) This isn’t the worst thing I’ve put in my mouth (faint smile trying to break tension).


Alex watches her chew, still irritated, he tells her how he feels about the situation.


Alex: (reacts to her ignorance) Why did we have to do this now?


Showing the profile of both characters and Jude being irritated.


Jude: What?


Alex: We had planned for a week, I had a car ready...In a WEEK.  


Jude slams her fork.


Jude: (Looks away from Alex, chewing and swallowing her chicken. She faintly whispers to herself) A week…(She looks to Alex) I couldn’t wait another week.


The shot shows Alex’s reaction to Jude’s outburst. He knows he’s awakened the Dragon.


Jude: You don’t understand what I have to go through...The troubles I have to face.


Alex struggles to be mad at Jude and looks down to the emptiness.


Jude: You think I enjoy having a father who doesn’t love me...Who prefers Jack Daniels over his own daughter.


Jude Begins to raise her voice making Alex feel like shit for putting her on the spot.


Jude: So I apologize if i needed to get out as fast as I could. I’m sorry I wanted to run away with the best thing that has ever happened to me...you. I didn’t mean to inconvenience you.  


Jude looks away from Alex, Hiding her face as Alex looks at Jude, wanting to fill the silence.


Alex: (nervously chuckles) (peers over to her and then looks down) So you think your dad is going to be looking for us?


Jude looks up with satisfaction knowing she has gotten what she wanted. Alex tries to get a straight answer.


Alex: Jude seriously, I need to know if he’s going to be looking for us.


Jude takes another piece from the food and is very excited.


Jude:Don’t worry...where we’re going...nobody will find us.


Alex looks blantly into Jude.


Jude:(leans close to Alex’s face) Even if they tried.


Alex: So what do you wanna do (grabs some of Jude’s food) When we get there.


Jude: What the keys? (grabs food) We can do whatever we want there...that's the whole point.


Alex: (Smiles) How long is that going to be?  

     Its not that long, but long enough. I think it will turn out great in the final stage, which is coming up soon.  Now we film tomorrow. Let me know what you think. See ya in the next posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment