Friday, April 1, 2016

   More about the research I did to find who to email about the song involved Google, a lot.It was the only album from Derek and the Dominos. Eric Clapton is the only one still alive also. I thought there was no hope, until I typed in magic words into Google and I found out that Atlantic Records owned and produced the song Layla back in the day. WarnerBros Records owns it now though. Thats why I emailed both. Nick is still looking to find a contact for Eric Clapton, but instead of an email he found his previous address. That was a little weird even though it was a step in the right direction. Not really I had to give him positive motivation. Also I received an email back. Not the email I expected though. It was an automated email from a computer just saying that they received my message. That was a little disappointing. Nick found something! He found the writer of the song, Bobby Whitlock. He may not own, but he should know who does if we got it wrong. Nick is sending an email to him right now. Nick got an email back from Bobby and they said to email Warner since he doesn't own the song. Thats good because we did that already. Since We haven't heard back yet from Warner, We are going to pick a non-copyrighted song as a backup.
      Nick is going to call the manager of an Italian restaurant today to see if we can film there. I know it should of been done already. I already talked to him about it. We should know by tomorrow though and if we can shot there then we will begin Saturday. The manager got back to Nick and we start Sunday morning at 9:30. Sadly I wont be helpful there for long because I also have to work. Thats why we need set schedules, but it was because the manager got back late and said only Sunday we can film. I'm just happy that we can shoot there.


 (n.d.). Retrieved March 31, 2016, from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Whitlock 

No comments:

Post a Comment